- while we waitin’ on that compromise / proceed with that conscious side / new game alert / hashtag: occupy
- imagine a life that revolves around shoppin’ / conspicuous consumption / that means it serves no other function / than to show off to someone
- actin’ like they the man up in here / it don’t count when your only real fan is a mirror
- bought a bag at american rags / a small chinese-made american flag / took a dolla’ bill then split it in half / the picture that she bought wouldn’t fit in a cab
- this is dedicated to the soldiers / who throw a peace sign in the face of bulldozers
- only time i wrestle’s / when i’m wrestling with settling / only way i’ll settle’s / when we wrestle over everything
- look at all the friends that marketing makes / how much more fries can these arteries take / i’ll give mcdonald’s a lil’ help here / i think they should expand into healthcare / and get all ends covered / even make caskets keep it all umbrella’d
- ask rush limbaugh / to return my calls
Click through to listen.
The deficit that should most worry us is a deficit of reasonableness. The problems the United States confronts are large but not insoluble. Yet sensible solutions that are broadly popular can’t be enacted.
Why? Because an ideological bloc that sees every crisis as an opportunity to reduce the size of government holds enough power in Congress to stop us from doing what needs to be done.” —E.J. Dionne, Jr., on why the radicalized Republican movement needs to be defeated. (via wisconsinforward)
Clothes should have words on them like fish should have clothes on them.
“On nearly every count, the deal favors the owners, who had sought an overhaul all along. The players made significant concessions, including a reduction of up to $300 million year in salaries, $3 billion over the life of the agreement.”
Do not really like — that the compromise does not favor those performing the actual labor that makes the NBA my favorite professional sport — but I’ll take it anyways. Can’t wait for Dec. 25.