The June jobs report came out this morning. It isn’t good. Businesses aren’t hiring at the rate most economists had expected, even though corporate profits are strong and companies have cash on hand. It’s worth mentioning why.
Things that will cause businesses to hire:
- Having more customers
Things that will not cause businesses to hire:
- Lowering taxes
- “Certainty” in the markets
- New White House economic advisers
- Talking points and buzzwords
What have I missed?
- ekstasis likes this
- polite-gunfight answered: You left off “causing the US to default”. Probably won’t help a ton.
- paulineerika reblogged this from andrewgraham
- paulineerika likes this
- pantslessprogressive likes this
- rustbelts reblogged this from andrewgraham and added:
- sarahwrotethat likes this
- shellvetica likes this
- waitingonoblivion likes this
- andrewgraham posted this